Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Pissaladiere - Almost



I had Provence on my mind.

That led me to pissaladiere.

I tried making some.

It was somewhat difficult to be true to Nicoise tradition when I had only 4 olives and 2 anchovy fillets.

So I chopped up the olives instead of using them whole.

I then mashed the anchovies to a paste.

Voila - pissalat, minus the herbs.

Just so the pissaladiere won't look too dull I added cherry tomatoes, blanched and skinned.

Then, I thought why not some sun-dried tomatoes as well.

To take things a bit further, I spread tomato paste on the dough with the "pissalat" before heaping on the fried onions, tomatoes and olives and some grated parmesan.

Hmmm - maybe I made pizza instead!

In any case, it was a delicious lunch eaten with some carrots left over from dinner.




Sister Number 2 and 5 were the beneficiaries of this pissaladiere experiment.






No comments: