Friday, January 09, 2009

Lily's Stuffed Pumpkin

I had a pumpkin sitting on my dining table for two weeks.

Lily saw it and gave me this recipe for steamed stuffed pumpkin.

First cut off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds.

Fill the pumpkin with sliced boneless chicken breast seasoned with oyster sauce, pepper and a dash of sesame oil.



Steam the pumpkin for about 40 minutes.



When it's cooked, transfer it to a serving dish.




Scoop out the chicken together with the pumpkin flesh and serve warm.





The pumpkin held its shape very well and the chicken was surprisingly tender even though it had been cooking for 40 minutes.



I enjoyed this very much. 

The next time I cook this, I will marinate the chicken in curry.

I am looking forward to pumpkin curry.

No comments: